۲۹ اسفند ۱۳۸۱

روزی بزرگ برای آزادی



On the day the wall came down

They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high we raised a cry for freedom had arrived



On the day the wall came down

The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night like paper doves in flight



I dreamed you had left my side

No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me

It was clear that I could not do a thing for you



New life devolves day by day

As friends and neighbours turn away

And there's a change that, even with regret, cannot be undone



Now frontiers shift like desert sands

While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history, in shades of grey



I woke to the sound of drums

The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you

And all but the bitter residue slipped away...slipped away


       -- David Gilmour & Polly Samson, "A Great Day for Freedom"


هیچ نظری موجود نیست: